Neil is an expert in the scientific and strategic aspects of radioactive waste management, drawing on extensive academic and industrial expertise. Through his expertise in the deep and shallow disposal of radioactive wastes, Neil has advised the highest levels within UK and international industrial and governmental organisations.
Neil brings invaluable specialist insight through his participation in numerous national and international committees concerned with the environmental impact of radioactive waste and in the technical management of internationally funded projects.
Neil's career highlights
- 35 years experience in scientific and strategic aspects of radioactive waste disposal
- Leader of the Fluid Processes Research Group, British Geological Survey
- Key adviser to Swedish and Finnish regulatory authorities on geological aspects of license applications for geological disposal of spent fuel
- Chair of NDA's RWMD Technical Advisory Panel for the UK's geological disposal programme
- International Technical Advisory Committee for repository implementation project for Japanese High Level Wastes
- Leading international evaluation projects on tectonic stability issues for Japanese nuclear facilities
Integral to the IDM team, Neil is also currently Research Professor of Environmental Geology, University of Sheffield, Vice President of the Arius (Association for Regional and International Underground Storage) and Partner in MCM Consulting, Switzerland.
Contact Neil at the email addresses below: